Chemistry Honors – Class 8
- Period A – Tuesday, January 21st
- Periods C, D – Wednesday, January 22nd
Review Lab Notebooks
- How you show your work is more important than correct answer
- calculation is one line (don’t break into parts)
- show units for every number
- data is not calculations (separate tables)
- show only one example of any calculation – summarize the rest
- no personal pronouns
- important to label data / calc tables properly
- unit is not a quantity
- accuracy vs precision
Lab Next Class – Formula of Hydrate
- what is a hydrate?
- how do we go about finding its formula?
- what setup do we use? (DEMO)
- what data do we collect?
- What calculations are needed?
“Prep the Lab Notebook”
- before every lab – must be done
- written directly into the LNB (ink)
- Purpose, Background, Procedure, Data Tables
- student could conduct lab using LNB (not lab handout)
- Prepare for the lab
- Reminder – proper attire for lab