Chemistry Honors – Class 23
- Period A – Wednesday, February 26th
- Periods C, D – Thursday, February 27th
Activity – Determining the Specific Heat Capacity of a Substance
- The goal of this activity is to determine the specific heat capacity of a substance
- Each student group must devise a procedure that will allow then to determine this quantity
- Materials: calorimeter, hot plate, thermometer, water, substance
- Finish the activity by the end of the period in LNB
- HINT: What purpose does the calorimeter serve?
- Finish in-class lab determination (in LNB – not a formal lab at all)
- “Prep the Lab” for the Peanut Lab
- Handout in the shared folder
- Install Sprkvue HD on iPad [LINK]
You must be logged in to post a comment.