Independent Research (IRS) – Introduction
Phase 1 – Introduction and Defining Scope of Project
- Dates: August 25 – September 3rd
- Review of class connectivity (Remind, Dropbox, Schoology)
- What makes a project suitable for experimentation?
- Sharing ideas within the group
Key Ideas – Great Projects
- arise from interest and passion
- ask open-ended question
- possible to collect data
- challenges with human subjects for data
- clear definition – can complete this semester
- contact people who can help you get the data you want (use my name)
- think of two more ideas: limited version of project and one completely different
- ONE MORE THING – please buy lab notebook ASAP LINK = http://goo.gl/nf28RW
- refine project idea before proceeding to the research phase of the course.
- the details of data collection and specifics do not need to be known
- a workable idea, as approved by the instructor is required by September 9th
You must be logged in to post a comment.