Chemistry Honors – Class 43
- Period B: Thursday, April 16th
- Periods D, G: Friday, April 17th
Lewis Dot Structures – Activity
- Complete on paper
- One formula per side of sheet of paper
- name compound
- determine total valence electrons
- draw Lewis structure
- formal charge for each atom
- bond polarity (of each bond – use arrows)
- identify lone, total pairs around central atom
Things to Consider
- Octet Rule (CNOF only)
- H, F bond only once
- central atom probably closest to carbon
- does formal charge match what you expect?
- is there resonance? how do I show this?
You must be logged in to post a comment.