AP Chemistry – Class 53
- Period E – Friday, January 11th
- Period F – Friday, January 11th
- Quiz (Chapter 9) will be on Tuesday
Big Idea: How do atoms arrange themselves in a compound?
- review homework problems
- new examples
- Alternating positive and negative = crystal lattice
- Lattice energy – very tightly bonded – higher charge = higher energy
- different types of arrangements
- Lewis short-hand drawing (with brackets)
- Textbook Ch. 9 (51, 63, 64, 65)
- Study for Quiz on Tuesday (will not included bond energies)
- Note – please review bond enthalpy for the next exam
You must be logged in to post a comment.