AP Chemistry: Class 72
- Period E: Wednesday, February 27th
- Period F: Wednesday, February 27th
New Material Big Idea: What are the calculations associated with solutions? (molality, FPD, BPE, dilutions)
- Example 1: If I add 45 grams of sodium chloride to 500 grams of water, what will the melting and boiling points be of the resulting solution? Kb(H2O) = 0.52 0C/m and Kf(H2O) = 1.86 0C/m.
- Example 2: Which solution will have a higher boiling point: a solution of 105 grams of sucrose (C12H22O11) in 500 grams of water or a solution of 35 grams of sodium chloride in 500 grams of water?
- Example 3: Explain how to make 500.0 mL of 1.0 M NaCl from 2.0M stock solution
- Example 4: Determine the mass of solute in 50 grams of water contained in a 1.0 m CH3OH solution
- Ch. 12 (17, 19, 55, 62, 72)