Chemistry Honors – Class 46 & Class 47
- Periods A, C, D: Wednesday, April 23rd
- Periods A, C: Thursday, April 24th, Period D: Friday April 25th
Lab Preview – Concepts
- neutralization reaction
- vinegar and acetic acid
- titration = process
- Q: what doesn’t it matter how much water is added to the acid?
- Q: how do you spell phenolphthalein?
- Q: What does it mean to condition the buret?
- Q: How many digits does each measurement have?
- NOTE: Known molarity of acetic acid in vinegar = 0.856 M
- Finish Preparation for the Lab Day
- Complete calculations for the following day
Earth Day Extra Credit Options
- Carpool with 3+ people
- Bike / Walk / Board to school
- Train to SHP Van
- Getting Credit
- Check in with the official table at SHP when you arrive. NOTE: this is what as posted in the daily bulletin – “To report participation, freshmen, sophomores, and seniors can email firstname.lastname@example.org and juniors can email email@example.com. All SHP students who participate will be entered in a raffle. Three winners will each get $25 iTunes gift certificates.”
- Take a selfie of you DURING your trip to school
- Upload picture to the “Lab Pictures” folder in Dropbox (NOT your folder)
- Name the picture using your last name(s)
- Must be present BEFORE 8:00 am Thursday
- NOTE – it is OK to have fun and add more pictures