AP Chemistry – Final Assessment
- Monday, December 8th (Class 49)
- Wednesday, December 10th (Class 50)
- Monday, December 15th (Final Assessment)
Part 1 – Exam Question (50 points)
- 45 minute time frame
- students work individually
- “work-em-out” problem
- one problem with multiple parts
- will be provided with AP formula sheets
- classroom calculators allowed – use pencil only
- showing process and steps most important
- TOPIC: Solution stoichiometry and calorimetry
Part 2 – Lab Activity (50 points)
- The purpose of the lab is to determine the concentration of an unknown solution
- Each student will be given an unknown concentration of an acid or base solution. Each student will design and conduct a lab to determine the concentration. The students must use a buret and digital collection (PASCO) as part of their process. The students may additionally use other methods but this is not required.
- The output is a lab report written in each student’s Lab Notebook. The report should follow all of the parts of the lab reporting process and be neatly conveyed.
- The lab notebook will be submitted by the end of the period.
- The last two class periods will be dedicated to studying and thinking about the lab.
- There is no homework for those last two class periods and the LNB may not be taken home.
- There is a discussion post in Schoology for questions
- I will collect your LNB the final day of class – anything written directly into the LNB can be used
- The final is worth about 17% of your final grade (the syllabus states it should be worth 20%)