AP Chemistry – Class 10
Review AP Problems
- yup – any questions?
- turn them in
New Idea – Phase Diagrams
- Compare these two images
- How are they related?
- How do I use each of them?
- isotherm vs isobar
- P / T are external conditions
- P & T needed to determine the phase
- Phase change involves changing P or T or both
- EXAMPLE – ice skating
- EXAMPLE – cooking at high altitude
- melting / freezing = fusion
- boiling / condensation = vaporization
- sublimation = sublimation
- flat line = phase change
- length of line = magnitude of DH
- slope of line = magnitude of specific heat capacity
- cooling (or heating curve) is what a horizontal slice looks like on P/T Phase diagram
You must be logged in to post a comment.