Chemistry Honors – Class 01
- Period A: Wednesday, January 6th
- Period B: Wednesday, January 6th
- Period F: Thursday, January 7th
Fall Semester Recap
- Return LNB
- Explain grading rubric
- How to ask me questions
- “Extra” points already built into the grade
- Proud of your performance
Plus / Delta
- what worked for the project?
- what could be improved?
- should I conduct this again?
- was it better than having a comprehensive final?
- Reminder: Fall Final Survey [LINK]
Enroll in Schoology for Spring Semester
- Period A = GC66J-HFXPD
- Period B = SN3VV-PSR55
- Period F = H9N2V-FRNWT
New Material: Measurement
- Activity in LNB = measuring length of test tube
- Use the different measuring devices provided
- What do you notice about the numbers written?
- What is needed to fully express measurement?
- WHY is there a difference?
- Good? Bad?
- NEW IDEA: Significant Figures
- examine the three “rulers” below
- measure Object A and Object B using all three rulers
- draw the rulers and write answers
- briefly support your answers
(thanks to Dr. Crystal Lin Yau – LINK)
- Complete the Practice Problem (shown above)
- Textbook Sections = 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, 1.9