CP02 – Classification
Class Business – Chapter Notes
- notes should focus on key terms / examples of problems (if appropriate)
- only review sections indicated
- always typed – submitted as PDF (only) to Schoology
- never emailed
- most likely never more than two pages
New Material – Classification of Matter
- Key terms: solution, mixture, compound, element
- how do I know whether something is one thing or another?
- grab “classification” sheet from Schoology
- define each term (your own words! no looking up!)
- categorize the following substances (milk, brass, aluminum, water, granola, love, paper, carbon dioxide, air, fire)
- Add six more (two in each category)
- provide support
- can one category be changed to another?
- what kinds of processes must be used to do so?
- indicate on the paper
- Ch. 1 Notes
- Sections (1.1 – 1.4)
- PDF to Schoology
- See Schoology for due date