CH10 – Configurations
- P4 – Monday, September 18th
- P5 – Tuesday, September 19th
- P7 – Tuesday, September 19th
Class Business – Quiz
- Next class starts with quiz (20 min)
- Line spectra calculations
- practice problem in GDrive
- Note: Test on Units 1&2 Monday. See Syllabus
Recap – Quantum Numbers
- what are the rules?
- how does it lead to determining electrons on each level?
- GDrive document with combinations
New Idea – Many Electrons
- which orbital does electron choose?
- lowest energy is the rule but how does it match QN combos?
- how many of each? look at QN chart
- identifying orbitals (s-p-d-f)
- orbital diagrams
- orbital filling
- electron configurations = shorthand
- Study for the Quiz
- Today’s lesson = Section 7.8 through 7.11
- Please review before Monday’s test