AP Chemistry: Class 79
- Period E: Thursday, March 14th
- Period F: Thursday, March 14th
Exam – Kinetics
- Two questions (AP Style)
- 45 minutes to complete the exam (not the whole period)
- No calculators allowed (type 5, 6 questions) although there is basic math
- use sample problems to practice for the exam
- every AP problem has various topics connected to the central idea being tested- you should review phases, vapor pressure, gas laws and kinetic molecular theory
- it is in your best interest to review the formula sheet provided for the AP exam so that you will know what content is provided to you.
- If you empty your “Graded Work” folder (in our shared Dropbox) before Thursday morning’s exam I will give you one extra credit point on the exam
Chapter Objectives – Students should be able to:
- Define basic kinetics terms from the chapter
- Write the rate of a reaction given rate information using proper units
- Use the coefficients of a reaction to compare the rates of participants in a reaction
- Determine the reaction order for a reactant using concentration and rate information
- Determine the rate constant for a reaction given the rate law
- Write the differential rate law for a reaction
- Determine the order of a reactant using the concentration and time information
- Use the rate law to calculate the time or concentration of a reaction.
- Determine the activation energy of a reaction given proper information
- Determine the rate-determining step of a reaction from the reaction mechanism.
- Describe the role of a catalyst in a reaction.