Chemistry Honors – Class 18
- Period A – Monday, September 30th
- Periods C, D – Tuesday, October 1st
- Writing configurations shorthand for quantum numbers
- what are the rules?
- how does this relate to the periodic table?
- what is an orbital diagram? what does it show me?
- Noble gas option
Test Objectives (Thu-Friday)
- compare and contrast the major developments in the development of atomic theory
- Quantum Mechanical
- Calculate the energy of an electron in hydrogen using the Rydberg Equation
- Determine the wavelength of a given energy of light
- Draw the spectrum of an atom given the energy levels
- Identify the meaning of the four quantum numbers of an electron
- Write the quantum numbers of an electron in an atom
- write the configuration of the electrons in an atom
- draw the orbital diagram of the atoms in an electron
- Ch. 11 (51, 52, 53, 61, 67)