AP Chemistry: Class 42
Period E – Thursday, November 21st
Quiz – Bonding
- For the provided molecule(s) complete the following
- Lewis structure
- formal charge
- polarity (bonds / overall)
- geometry (electrons / shape)
- bond angles
- build molecule using the kit (represent all pairs)
- take picture and upload to shared folder
- upload PDF of written work (neatly transcribed)
New Material – Gas Laws
- this unit explores gases and their properties
- P, V, T, n are defining properties – how do they relate?
- relate the micro to macro – what are micro properties?
- how would I show the relationship between the properties?
- design a lab to show the relationship between the properties
- you will conduct a series of labs to examine
- think: PASCO probes (temp, pressure, volume, amount)
- you will work in groups of three people (assigned)
- overview the major gas laws
- identify the relationships that need to be examined
- will design lab in class tomorrow
You must be logged in to post a comment.