AP Chemistry: Class 43 & Class 44
Period E – Friday, November 22nd and Tuesday, November 26th
Gas Laws Lab Investigation
- The goal of the lab is to determine the relationships between the three primary properties of an ideal gas
- The goal of the lab is to use this to determine one gas law that governs these three properties.
- Background Theory
- In the final report it is necessary to provide the proper background on several topics.
- All of this research comes from other sources – you must cite your sources properly
- What does the theory state about these relationships?
- How does KMT connect to each of these quantities and relationships?
- What is the expected result?
- Terms & Ideas to consider
- pressure, temperature, volume
- ideal gas law
- partial pressure
- mole fraction
- diffusion and effusion
- Procedure / Logistics
- data collection will use the PASCO probe wear (linked to the iPad)
- students will use glassware found in the classroom sets
- each group must be mindful of collecting enough data to draw a conclusion
- how will each variable be controlled?
- each group must have a detailed procedure written along with prepared data tables
- students will be expected to use Excel to analyze data
- prepare the pre-lab for the lab investigation
- each group must enter work on the shared document provided for each group
- Final formal lab report due: Thursday, December 5th
- Gas Laws Quiz: Thursday, December 5th
- LNB will be collected on the same day