Chemistry Honors – Class 22
- Period B: Tuesday, February 24th
- Periods D, G: Wednesday, February 25th
Lab Activity: Standardization of NaOH
- Purpose: the purpose of the lab is to determine the concentration of a solution of NaOH using a known solution of HCl
- Method: The student teams will conduct a titration using phenolphthalein as an indicator
- How does phenolphthalein work to determine the end point?
- What is the minimum uncertainty in using this method to determine molarity?
- What is the balanced reaction for this process?
- How does the process of “conditioning” prepare the equipment for use?
- What data should be collected?
- What calculations should be performed?
- Complete the necessary calculations for the lab in the LNB