AP Chemistry – Classes 23 / 24 / 25
- Thursday, February 26th, Friday, February 27th, Tuesday, March 3rd
- Lab posted in Schoology
- Prep and conduct lab Friday in class
- One class group for this experiment
- HNO3 is stored in concentrated solution: 15.8 M
- Start by making 2.00 liters of .50 M HNO3 (31.65 mL of concentrated solution in 1.00 liters of final solution
- Split the 0.500 M HNO3 solutions into 4 parts. Each part will have a different “flavor” (0.0020 M Fe(NO3)3, 0.20 M Fe(NO3)3, 0.0020 M KSCN, plain 0.50 M HNO3)
- Do not make the solutions that combine acid and each of the solutes unless you will use them during the class period.
- You will need to create a calibration curve to use in the lab.
- write a full lab report in your LNB to be turned in Wednesday, March 4th
- Students will be given time during class on Tuesday, March 3rd to complete.