AP Chemistry – Class 03
Lab Day 02 – Conduct the Lab
- We are using the BioRad SmartSpec Plus (not Spec 20)
- Wavelength used = 630 nm
- Stock Solution = 7.63 x 10-6 M (Blue Dye #1)
- Measure the size of the cuvette to gauge how much solution you will need
- distilled water
- How do you make the proper dilution?
- What measuring device will you use for volume?
- Each group should spread out measurements -take a reading as a solution is generated
- Each group has its own blank
- do not assume that anything is clean
- location of glassware
- reminder about LNB (we are NOT writing a report now)
- how do you know the data is meaningful?
- how many trials do I need to conduct?
- how am I analyzing my data?
- finish all parts of Lab Report by September 2nd – turn in LNB