Chemistry Honors: Class 45
- Period F: Wednesday, April 20th
- Period A: Friday, April 22nd
- Period B: Friday, April 22nd
Lab – Calorimetry
- crystalline solid = sodium nitrate (+20.50 kJ/mole) [LINK]
- recommended amount of water = 100 mL (how will you measure this?)
- recommended amount of “salt” = 2 grams (use +-0.01 balance with weigh boat)
- stirring is VERY important
- use PASCO equipment for temp measurment
- Q: which temperature will you use if collecting over time?
- how many trials should you do?
- Clean up = lots of water down the sink
- Use tap water for the lab
- Why don’t we need distilled water?
- Note – we do not use units of “calories”
- CQ-approved web site source for help [LINK]
Analysis & Homework
- finish remainder of the lab in LNB
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: