CP03 – Long Block 1
- checking on on homework: time ? quality? goals? submissions?
- shared GDrive folder (create folder, naming, share)
Activity: Black Box [Part A]
- The purpose of this activity is to determine the nature of objects inside a closed box, without opening the box. The intent is not to guess what is inside the box but to describe what it must be like inside the box in order to account for the behavior inside the box.
- Process: by moving the box in many different ways, observe the sounds, and feel of the objects inside the box. Make appropriate observations and conclusions based on these activities
- Organize your information in tables – record an observation each time a different manipulation is made. (Observations [LINK])
- Test any theories that might arise by devising new things which can be done to the box to discover its contents.
- Repeat this as often as is necessary to make a detailed theory.
- Draw final theory – share in folder
- why are we doing this activity?
- what process is being modeled?
Activity: Chapter Key Terms
- scientific method
- scientific laws
- create a visual map that links the terms
- provide support as to how you connected them
- map could be any type – be creative
- what is important?
- which terms are more central?
- create and share a Google folder
- note: name = period-first-lastinitial
- ex: 3-Colin-Q
- Also, finish the worksheet/activity
- share the documents within newly created shared folder