CP22 -Orbitals and Configurations
Recap Material – Orbitals
- what do we know about electrons?
- how do orbitals explain electrons?
- what are the possible types of orbitals?
New Material: Orbital Types
- every electron needs a “home”
- each home lives on a major level = 1, 2, 3, 4
- each level has increasing types of homes: 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 3 = 3, 4 = 4 etc
- types of homes = s, p, d, f
- number of homes of each type: s = 1, p = 3, d = 5, f = 7
- each home can hold “2” electrons
- so much detail! how do I sort this out?
- Orbital diagrams help…
The Priodic Table = My Best Friend! (no, really… LINK)
You must be logged in to post a comment.