CH38 – Enthalpy
- P1 – Wednesday, April 26th
- P3 – Thursday, April 27th
- P5 – Wednesday, April 26th
- What measurements were made?
- What is being determined?
- What are the givens?
- What calculations are needed?
New Idea – Enthalpy
- akin to energy of system (sort of)
- determined by measuring heat flow at constant pressure
- symbol = “H”
- changes in energy in a reaction = ΔH
- can be related to the moles of a reaction
- type of energy – units of energy
- Appendix 4 in the Textbook lists stuff
- ΔHrxn, ΔHf, ΔHcomb = many types of ΔH [LINK]
- combustion example methane
- connect mass of substance to energy released to water
- Finish work in LNB (due Class 39)
- Note: P1 students can turn in LNB on Monday if they wish
- Test 04 = Final Long Block Cycle of Semester (May 19, 22, 23)
- Practice worksheets in shared folder