CP23 – Levels
- scientist questions quiz “review”
- most challenging idea?
- Claim / Evidence / Reasoning Worksheet
- What did each scientist contribute?
- Possible to condense to one word?
New Idea – Energy Levels Simulation
- Go to this site [LINK] and click the Download button (save to your desktop).
- To open, find the icon, hold down the Control button on your keyboard, click the icon, and choose Open.
- This will pop up a window, which you should then dismiss by clicking Open, and the simulation should load.
- Click the Multiple Atoms tab, choose the Continuous button, and set the electron percentage fairly low, around 20%.
- On the bottom at the right, check the spectrometer button. Take a look at this PDF [LINK] for some other comments about what you’re seeing.
- Make some observations (written in your notes) as the simulation runs for a few minutes.
- Then change the drop down menu to a new element and watch a few more minutes. Play around. Feel free to configure your own element.
- Work on making connections between Bohr’s model and the emission spectra of the elements.
New Idea – Emission Spectrum Simulation
- Go this this web site [LINK]
- Take notes on the connection between the spectra and energy levels
- Questions? Thoughts?
- HELP for FLASH on Chrome [LINK]
- HELP for FLASH on Safari [LINK]
- What is the meaning of a line spectrum?
- How is this proof of energy levels?
- Watch both simulations
- Take notes on BOTh simulations
- [see tech for support if not playing]
- Note – Test Tuesday, Oct 31 (Unit 4)