CH36 – FUN
- P4 – Friday, November 17th
- P5 – Friday, November 17th
- P7 – Friday, November 17th
New Idea – IM Forces
- why do I care about molecule polarities?
Actvity – Arrows!
- four classroom groups
- Lewis / 3D / bond dipole / overall dipole (paper)
- build ONE of each molecule (include LP)
- NOTE: C = black, O = blue, H = white
- draw an “arrow” to indicate strength of dipole (notecard)
- rank the sizes of the arrows (write on the board)
- create a rationale – explain to the class
- why did you rank them the way that you did?
- is there a way to apply this?
- what does this have to do with boiling points?