AP Chemistry: Class 34
Period E – Wednesday, November 6th
Chapter 7 Review
- Homework Review – 16, 25, 28, 37, 45, 47, 93
- Activity Recap
Class Activity – Practice problems
- Google Drive – Lecture & Content – Quantum Practice
- on a separate sheet of paper, answer three questions
- show ALL SUPPORT
- we will do this in class tomorrow
Exam Friday – Objectives
- Calculate the speed, wavelength and frequency of a wave.
- Apply quantum theory to calculate the energy of a wave.
- Describe the origin of emission line spectra.
- Calculate the energy, wavelength and frequency or spectral emission lines.
- Explain the particle nature of waves and the wave nature of particles.
- Describe the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and the Schrödinger Equation.
- Define and identify the four quantum numbers for any electron in an atom.
- Describe the properties of s, p, d and f orbitals.
- Write electron configuration for any atomic species.
- Show the connection between the table structure and electronic configuration.
- Identify the valence electrons of an atom.
- Use the periodic table to predict trends in atomic properties.
- Predict chemical properties using the group structure of the periodic table.