CP24 – Spectrum Lines
New Material – Spectrum Lines
- Given the energy levels of an electron, can you determine the number of lines produced by the atom?
- Simple example… possible transitions / energies / emissions
- Energy of levels: 1 = 1, 2 = 15, 3 = 23, 4 = 28
- Electron in the ground state given 25 energy
- what does the spectrum look like?
Review for Test
- Unit 2 Test next class period
- The course syllabus has the objectives / textbook sections
- 5 questions
- objectives posted in syllabus
- short-answer / true-false style questions