CP03 – Sig Figs
Lab Recap A – How many digits?
Uncertainty of Each Device
- Determine the absolute uncertainty in each device
- Determine the relative uncertainty in each device assuming a measurement that is the maximum for the device
- Determine the relative uncertainty in each device assuming a measurement that is half of the maximum for the device
- How can I use this to determine the best device for the job?
“Trigger Words” in Lab – Why?
- right / wrong
- good / bad
Goals of Data Presentation
How many sig figs in a measurment?
Is there such thing as an “exact” measurment?
- Review Sci Notation (Ch. 2)
- Ch 2 (5 – 12)
- SPREAD OUT WORK
- Note: even though we didn’t get to this in class the way I wished, go ahead and do your best after reviewing the textbook.