CH02 – Matter
- P4 – Monday, August 28th
- P5 – Monday, August 28th
- P7 – Tuesday, August 29th
Class Business – Chapter Notes
- notes should focus on key terms / examples of problems (if appropriate)
- only review sections indicated
- bullet points / complete sentences not necessary
- PDF to Schoology
- never emailed
- most likely two pages or less
New Material – Classification of Matter
- Key terms: solution, mixture, compound, element
- how do I know whether something is one thing or another?
- grab “classification” sheet from GDrive
- define each term on your own (no looking up!)
- categorize the following substances (milk, brass, aluminum, water, granola, love, paper, carbon dioxide, air, fire, hydrogen, Gatorade, tap water)
- Add 8 more (two in each category)
- provide support
- can a substance in one category be changed to a substance in another?
- what kinds of processes must be used to do so?
- indicate on the paper
- Ch. 1 Notes (see Syllabus for sections)
- submit a PDF to Schoology