CP03 – Black Boxes
- Chapter Notes
- Thoughts? Questions?
Recap Last Lessson
- Can I move from one box to another?
- What kind of process would do that?
Activity: Black Box [Part A]
- The purpose of this activity is to determine the nature of objects inside a closed box, without opening the box. The intent is not to guess what is inside the box but to describe what it must be like inside the box in order to account for the behavior inside the box.
- Process: by moving the box in many different ways, observe the sounds, and feel of the objects inside the box. Make appropriate observations and conclusions based on these activities
- Organize your information in tables – record an observation each time a different manipulation is made.
- Here is a suggestion for organizing your observations [LINK]
- Test any theories that might arise by devising new things which can be done to the box to discover its contents.
- Repeat this as often as is necessary to make a detailed theory.
- Draw final theory in your LNB
- why are we doing this activity?
- what process is being modeled?
Activity: Chapter Key Terms [Part B]
- scientific method
- scientific laws
- create a visual map that links the terms
- use Google Drawing tool to create your map
- map could be any type – be creative
- Submit PDF to Schoology
You must be logged in to post a comment.