CH33 – Bond Polarity
CRYSTAL LATTICE = NOT A MOLECULE
- P4 – Monday, November 13th
- P5 – Monday, November 13th
- P7 – Monday, November 13th
Quiz – Lewis Structures
- one formula
- total valence electrons
- Lewis structure
- Formal charge on each atom
New Idea – Bond Polarity [Presentation]
- Not a crystal lattice (see above)
- Unequal sharing of electrons
- this “pull” = electronegativity
- PT trends – which type of element pulls more? less?
- There is a number
- Show on 3D version of molecule
- How do they add up?
- examples! BI3, CHCl3, HOCl, BrF3
- Chapter Notes: 8.1-8.3
- PDF to Schoology
You must be logged in to post a comment.