CP34 – Long Blocking
Lab Reports Collected
- Difficult aspects? Easy parts?
Long Block Part 1: Acid-Base Calcs
Final Idea: Kw
- Kw = [OH–] [H+] = 1 x 10-14
- If I know [H+] then I know [OH–]
- pH + pOH = 14
- pH to [H+]
- Examples of Calculations
Long Block Part 2: Acid-Base Calculations
In-Class Project: Ch. 15 #66
- for each part determine the pH, pOH, [OH–], [H+]
- create a single table summarizing answers
- plot graph of pH (y) vs volume NaOH added (x)
Long Block Part 2: Doing the work!
- one class group
- use shared spreadsheet! [LINK]
- wait… what?
- sharp spike near EQ
- pH = 7 @ neutral
- [H+] = [OH–] = 1 x 10-7