CP11 – Types of Reactions
- Wednesday, September 21st
Recap – Balancing Reactions
- review homework
- examples with words! [LINK]
Practice with Words (write the full balanced equation)
- Magnesium metal is placed into hydrobromic acid solution,
forming hydrogen gas and aqueous magnesium bromide.
- When heated, solid calcium chlorate decomposes into calcium
chloride solid, releasing oxygen gas.
- Lithium metal reacts with oxygen gas to form solid lithium
- Solutions of barium bromate and sodium phosphate combine to
form solid barium phosphate and aqueous sodium bromate.
New Material – Types of Reactions
- Double Displacement
- Single Displacement
- generic form – examples
- Predicting is NOT balancing
- Predict FIRST and then Balance
Practice – Write Full and Balanced Reaction for Each
- Na2SO4 + Pb(NO3)2 –>
- MgBr + AgNO3 –>
- Aqueous solutions of copper(II) sulfate and potassium hydroxide are mixed together
- Aqueous solutions of aluminum chloride and lead(II) nitrate
are mixed together
- safety assignment (lw01)
- prepare for the lab (lw02)
- NOTE: purpose, background, procedure, data in LNB
You must be logged in to post a comment.