CH16 – Stoichiometry
- P4 – Wednesday, February 14th
- P5 – Wednesday, February 14th
- P7 – Thursday, February 15th
New Idea – Stoichiometry
- we can use the mole map to relate substances in a chemical reaction
- the coefficients ARE the mole ratio
- so, we need a balanced reaction to do so, right?
Review – Balancing Reactions [Class Practice]
Extend – Predicting Yield [Class Practice]
- For each problem above, predict the mass of the first product if 370 grams of the first reactant are completely used up
- Regroup and review – thoughts?
New Idea – Recipes!
Simple Cookie Recipe – Produces 1 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 4 sticks butter
- 2 lb bag sugar
- 1/2 dozen egg
- 8 oz. baking powder
- 8 fluid oz. vanilla
- 2 lb bag flour
Question: how many cookies can I make with the available contents?
- Do some calculations
- support your answer (show work! units!)
- What determines the outcome?